Adult Children

Adult children who are disabled and unable to work long enough to contribute to Social Security may qualify for benefits if their parents have worked and paid into Social Security and if the working parent has died or is currently on Social Security Retirement. To qualify, the adult child must have become disabled before he or she turned 22. Many SSD benefits for adult children are awarded to those who have developmental disabilities, however, anyone with a disability that meets the SSA’s standard requirements is eligible.

If you are an adult child who has not been able to work and pay into Social Security because you were disabled at an early age, your parents’ contributions to Social Security provide a safety net of minimal income to help support you.

At Jeffrey Freedman Attorneys, PLLC, our experienced attorneys can answer your questions about whether you qualify for SSD or SSI and improve your chances of receiving benefits.

Get Help Today

Contact our team of experienced legal professionals by filling out the form below.


    “My case was handled in a timely manner. The attorney that represented us in court was very comforting and helpful.”


    Schedule a Free Case Review