Auxiliary Benefits for Dependent Children

If you have family members who are dependent on you at the time you become disabled and can no longer work, you may be able to get auxiliary SSD benefits to help you continue to support those people. The criteria for auxiliary SSD benefits is complex: the family member cannot be someone you claim on your tax return; it can be your spouse if he/she is unable to work because he/she is caring for a child younger than age 16; disabled children of any age; minor children who are not married; and occasionally, parents.

It is essential that you tell us about any dependents who might qualify for auxiliary SSD when we are preparing your claim for SSD benefits.

At Jeffrey Freedman Attorneys PLLC, our experienced attorneys can answer your questions about whether you qualify for SSD or SSI and improve your chances of receiving benefits.

Get Help Today

Contact our team of experienced legal professionals by filling out the form below.


    "I was able to win my SSD case in 5 months due to cancer. We've been struggling to make ends meet due to the high medical costs when I was working, but we wouldn't be able to pay our bills if I didn't win this case. I am very grateful to the paralegal, Allison, who worked very hard with the attorney to get this settled quickly! "


    Schedule a Free Case Review