- You are entitled to be treated with courtesy and consideration at all times by your lawyer and the other lawyers and personnel in your lawyer’s office.
- You are entitled to an attorney capable of handling your legal matter competently and diligently, in accordance with the highest standards of the profession. If you are not satisfied with how your matter is being handled, you have the right to withdraw from the attorney-client relationship at any time. (Court approval may be required in some matters.)
- You are entitled to your lawyer’s independent professional judgment and undivided loyalty uncompromised by conflicts of interest either real or apparent.
- You are entitled to be charged a reasonable fee and to have your lawyer explain at the outset how the fee will be computed and the manner and frequency of billing. You are entitled to request and receive a written bill from your attorney at reasonable intervals. You may refuse to enter into any fee arrangement that you find unsatisfactory.
- You are entitled to have your questions and concerns addressed in a prompt manner and to have your telephone calls returned promptly.
- You are entitled to be kept informed as to the status of your matter and to request and receive copies of papers. You are entitled to sufficient information to allow you to participate meaningfully in the development of your matter.
- You are entitled to have your legitimate objectives respected by your attorney, including whether or not to settle your matter. (Court approval of a settlement is required in some matters.)
- You have the right to privacy in your dealing with your lawyer and to have your secrets and confidences preserved to the extent permitted by law.
- You are entitled to have your attorney conduct himself or herself ethically, in accordance with the Code of Professional Responsibility.
- You are entitled to be represented without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disability.
Statement of Client's Rights
Get Help Today
Contact our team of experienced legal professionals by filling out the form below.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
“My case was handled in a timely manner. The attorney that represented us in court was very comforting and helpful.”