Skip to main content

Maximizing Workers’ Compensation

Maximizing Workers’ Compensation

If you are injured, either on the job or on your own time, let your employer know. If it was a work-related injury, you have a limited amount of time to make your employer aware of the accident. File a workers’ compensation (WC) claim as soon as possible.

Make sure you seek medical attention. Make your doctor aware of what happened and how you think that might have injured you. Give him or her specific examples of typical activities that cause you pain or that you find you have limited ability to perform. Your doctor can then be sure to document everything in your medical records when you need to show proof of your injury to the WC board and insurance companies.

Consider hiring an attorney to help you with your claim. WC attorneys have seen just about everything, and they can help you with complicated paperwork and keep you on track to meet deadlines. They will also work with your doctors, insurance companies, and the WC board to keep everyone up-to-date.

Lastly, keep all paperwork. You never know when you’ll need seemingly trivial pieces of paper. Remember, you are not alone, and you can rely on the help of trusted professionals to see you through the process.